Established as an independent, non-political, non-profit making national body, the institute is governed by the National Executive Council (NCE) and recognizing that loan & risk management is a multi-disciplinary field, we also work closely with other specialist institutes and associations across the world and seek to represent an increasingly broad and diverse set of stakeholders. The membership is drawn from industry, commerce, consultancy, public sectors and government service. In addition to setting professional standards, the institute provides opportunities for short-term training.
CILRM's aims are to provide
- Recognition: Provide internationally recognised qualifications and courses for risk professionals throughout their careers
- Knowledge: Promote the value of excellence in risk management to employers, regulators, government and external stakeholders
- Networking: Deliver virtual and face-to-face opportunities for the risk community to share information, experiences and learning
- Career support: Provide career-long support to help members develop their professional profile and improve their skills
Usher in a new era of professionalism in capacity building to ever increasing demand of competent professionals in the domain of loan & risk management
To fill the VOID in the professionalism of loan and risk management practice and to instill discipline, integrity, responsibility, ethics, accountability, transparency, best practice and fairness in the disciplines of our great profession.
The Objectives of CILRM, which further the mission, are:
- To organize and provide professional training in the specialists area of loan & risk management
- To professionalize loan & risk management with a commitment to raising great leaders in all sectors of the economy
- To promote the art and science in the area of loan & risk management
- To integrate culture and ethical standard in the specialist areas of loan & risk management practice
- To imbibe professionalism in both the private and public sectors of the economy for efficiency and effectiveness in line with global best practices.
- To do all such things that are necessary to promote the advancement in the Nigerian economy.