- The Chief of Staff to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria: Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, CFR, Chairman of Conference.
- The Accountant General of the Federation: Dr. (Mrs.) Oluwatoyin Sakirat Madein, HCILRM, Special Guest of Honour.
- The Keynote Address Speaker, CEO and President, Canada Executive Management & Professional (CEMP) Centre, Toronto, Canada, Prof. Prof. Musediq Abdul, CRM, PMI-RMP.
- Goodwill Message Speaker: Hon. Minister Housing and Urban Development, Arch. Ahmed Musa Dangiwa, HCILRM.
- The Deputy Director, Directorate of Auditing Practices Standards, Financial Reporting Council, Mr. Adeshola Amoo, FCA,CFE, Guest Speaker.
- Professor of Organisational Behaviour and Strategic Management, University of Lagos, Nigeria, Professor Olusoji George, Paper Presenter.
- International Delegates from Uganda, Ghana and Cameroon.
- Gentlemen of the Media and
- My Governing Council Members being the Co-Host of this Conference.
I am extremely glad to welcome everyone to the Annual Risk Professional International Conference, 2023, of the Chartered Institute of Loan and Risk Management of Nigeria. I welcome very warmly our valued member delegates and those who are joining us for the first time to this awesome programme.
The theme of this year conference “Risk Management Compliance, Corporate Governance and National Value Creation”, in itself is very broad, touching risk management issues in Government (public sector), Governance (practically), Corporate World (private sector organisations) as well as the totality of value creation in any system of the world. It has been very consciously created by your ever progressive Institute to meet the needs of everyone.
May I point out and now, that Risk Management as profession keeps emerging, evolving and producing new areas. Risk Management is always a click away with the information we all need to stay ahead of the curve in whatever we are doing. Some of its emerging landscape today include;
- Optimizing Risk Management with Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Risk Management issues
- Reputational Risk Management – Cyber Threats Issues
- Brain Drain Risk Management
- A World Resilience and Risk etc…
Your Institute is abreast with them all. We have therefore selected knowledgeable scholars to present papers, conduct the round table sessions and ensure that everyone participates fully and leave the conference fulfilled. We have absolute confidence in the presenters, that they will create knowledge and professional pass same to everyone. That has always been the focus of this annual event. I encourage all participants to please be attentive to every aspect of this programme including the opportunity it offers for networking, knowing very well that “Your Network is your Net Worth” as a professional.
It is imperative at this juncture to bring to your awareness some highlights of what the Institute has been up to from the last time we met. The Chartered Institute of Loan and Risk Management of Nigeria has in collaboration with the Rivers State University established a post graduate programme in Risk Management. One session of the programme has been done successfully. The programme offers post graduate certificates and diploma in Sixteen (16) Risk Management courses namely;
- Oil and Gas Risk Management
- ICT and Cyber Risk Management
- Human Resource Risk Management
- Security Risk Management
- Engineering Risk Management
- Health and Safety Risk Management
- Political & Governance Risk Management
- Environmental Risk Management
- Project Risk Management
- Marine Risk Management
- Marketing Risk Management
- Financial Risk Management
- Operations Risk Management
- Credit Risk Management
- Business Risk Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
All members should avail themselves the opportunity of registering in any of these programmes as online/virtual teaching and learning are available. Discussions are going on with other Tertiary Institutions of learning for the establishment of similar programmes, such as Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and Michael Okpara University of Science and Agriculture, Umudike etc…
Secondly, our conversion from HND to B.Sc, including M.Sc and Ph.D programmes are running very well in partnership with Africa University of Science and Commercial Studies, Lome, Togo and this year’s convocation was just held on October 28, 2023 in Lome. Get the detailed information from the Institute’s office nationwide.
- All our Pre-Induction Training and Membership induction for NYSC members for year 2023 were held as scheduled.
- Our collaborative programmes with our partners all over Europe and America were successfully attended by our member delegates.
I most heartily thank and congratulate the planning committee and organizers of today’s event ably chaired by our own Prof. Mahmoud Saidu Muktar and his team. You have done very well.
My appreciation also go to the untiring Registrar General of the Institute, Dr. Uzombah Innocent and his staff. Thank you for a work well done.
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, Council and Management of the Chartered Institute of Loan and Risk Management of Nigeria, we are delighted to have you all here today. We are optimistic that you will all get to your destinations safely at the end of the programme.
According to a one time President of the United States of America, Abraham Lincoln. “The best way to predict your future is to create it”. We are helping you to proactively create your future in the profession of risk management, please join us to make it a success of today event.